Employees from every generation want meaningful work, so how can your organization distinguish itself? By telling the truth from the start. Forward-thinking organizations are starting the recruitment process early, evaluating their brand and clearly defining and communicating their Employer Value Proposition.
Lay the right foundation through a strong organizational culture, a clear and inspiring EVP and make efforts to connect with employees in more meaningful ways (identity, emotional and social benefits).
Today, millennials state that:
- the content of their job is just as significant as the wage they receive
- a nice, warm atmosphere is key
- nice colleagues, mission, vision, and company values are important
- they want open communication
- they don’t want to take their job with them at home
- they work to live, not the other way around
So, finding talent is one thing, but understanding and helping them evolve is something else. As an employer you should ask yourself what the interests of your talent are, what incentives they like, which tasks give them energy and much more.